Image credit: Getty Images
The Dubai Municipality (DM) has announced the start of the winter camping season at the scenic Al Awir desert area.
From October 17 to April 2024, this family-friendly campsite is open to outdoor enthusiasts, offering a unique desert experience.
Here’s everything you need to know about this exciting camping season in the heart of the Arabian desert.
The Al Awir desert campsite is well-prepared to cater to the needs of campers.
It offers a range of amenities and services, ensuring that visitors have a comfortable and enjoyable stay in the desert.
The DM has taken special care to cater to a diverse range of campers. Dedicated spaces have been reserved for people of determination and senior citizens to make their desert experience accessible and comfortable.
Additionally, the campsite has allocated specific areas for business owners who can provide goods and services to fellow campers.
Reservation and permits
For residents planning to embark on this unique desert adventure, campsite reservations are open. However, it’s essential to obtain the necessary permits before setting up your tent at the Al Awir campsite.
These permits are a requirement to ensure a well-organized and enjoyable camping experience.
After obtaining the necessary permits, campers have the opportunity to create their camping space.
They can set up their area, complete with a temporary fence, catering to their preferences while ensuring it’s suitable for family use. The Dubai Municipality has also designated an area for government partners who may wish to create their unique camp setups.
To get started with your winter camping experience, residents can register their camping requests through the official Dubai Municipality website.
The Al Awir desert campsite offers flexibility, allowing campers to choose from single or double camping spaces. The single space measures 20 by 20 meters, while the double space spans 20 by 40 meters.
Double camping is permitted exclusively in outdoor areas.
Camping rules for safety and enjoyment
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all campers, the Dubai Municipality has established specific rules for camping activities.
These guidelines include:
- Adhering to the camp’s temporary private use
- Prohibiting the use or leasing of permits to third parties or for commercial purposes
- Building a temporary fence
- Displaying the camp’s digital dashboard in a public area
- Removing the camp and all associated items after the permit expires
- Prohibiting any digging or excavations
- Additionally, campers must maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the campsite and adhere to fire safety rules. These include the presence of fire extinguishers, a prohibition on fireworks, speed limits for sand bikes, and restrictions on floodlights and speakers.
Also read: Dubai Holding to open region’s first luxury caravan park in Hatta