Stocks recover some losses. Yields move modestly higher from modestly lower
The dollar was higher coming into the US jobs report. It remains higher on the day but is marginally lower since the better-than-expected released (go figure).
- EURUSD was trading at 1.1820. It is currently at 1.1836
- GBPUSD was trading at 1.3077. It is currently trading at 1.3105
- USDJPY was trading at 105.69. It is currently trading at 1 of 5.59
- USDCHF was trading at 0.9140. It is currently trading at 0.9117
- USDCAD was trading at 1.3348. It is currently trading at 1.3330
- AUDUSD was trading at 0.7205. It is currently trading at 0.7216
- NZDUSD was trading at 0.6644. It is currently trading at 0.6654
US stocks are still lower on the day. The Dow industrial average has cut some of its losses. Prior to the number the futures are implying a decline of -125 points. It is currently implying a decline of -66 points. The NASDAQ index was implying a decline of -31 points. It is now implying a greater fall of -43 points. The S&P index has improved by about 3 points and currently is trading -7 points on the day
Yields more modestly lower before the report. There now modestly higher/unchanged.