Ten Questions is a weekly function by the Every day Information profiling a few of our many local people leaders.
1. Who’re you? David Hodges, lifelong resident of the Belding space, Military veteran, Ionia County commissioner for District 1 (Otisco Township, the town of Belding and Orleans Township) and chairman of the county board.
2. Describe your commissioner duties/obligations in 50 phrases or much less: A county commissioner’s duties are engaged on budgets, planning for future infrastructure initiatives, develop insurance policies, approve hires and reply to the wants of our county residents. To assist our county departments reach offering the packages that our residents of Ionia county want.
3. What’s your favourite half about being a commissioner? What’s probably the most difficult? My favourite a part of being a commissioner is having the ability to assist individuals, being a public servant not a politician. Dislikes? Having to compete with the bigger well-funded counties round us for the perfect staff.
4. What native points are a very powerful to you as a commissioner, and what are a few of your predominant priorities as commissioner this 12 months? Preserve our residents protected — protected on roads, protected of their houses. Assist my native residents work via points which might be vital to them. I imagine in a open door coverage. I should be accessible when of us want me.
5. What’s your favourite native bar/restaurant, and why? We’re blessed with many positive eating places in my space. My spouse and I get pleasure from all of them. Abbey’s Gab-N-Shack in downtown Belding — each Sunday after church my spouse and I meet my mother-in-law there for lunch. Nice service and meals at a good value.
6. What’s a hidden gem in your group that most individuals won’t learn about? My district is blessed with many gems in the case of native companies. I really like seeing all the expansion in our manufacturing sector currently. We’re blessed with the mindset of hardworking, honesty and the integrity of our native workforce.
7. What TV reveals/motion pictures have you ever loved currently, and why? I’m a “Yellowstone” fan. We (Hodges and predominant character John Dutton, performed by Kevin Costner) have the identical 3500 Dodge truck and we love the great thing about the mountains. I used to be fortunate sufficient to marry the farmer’s daughter. I additionally like “The Strolling Useless” and Hallmark with my spouse.
8. What do you want probably the most about dwelling in your specific group? What’s one factor you’ll change/add/take away if you happen to might? I just like the good-hearted individuals of my district, I study a lot speaking to them. If I might, I’d love to remove the heartaches that so many individuals really feel — an excessive amount of ache.
9. What tales/columns/options do you get pleasure from studying probably the most within the Every day Information? What would you wish to see extra of in your native newspaper? I really like actual life success tales, youngsters in native sports activities, enterprise success, individuals coming collectively to assist these in want, of us overcoming well being points.
10. Once they say lifetime guarantee, whose lifetime do they imply? (random query submitted by Lakeview Village Supervisor/Police Chief Darin Dood) Hodges: Lifetime guarantee, to me was given to me by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The reward of everlasting life via salvation. Lifetime guarantee is on every of our souls, the perfect reward and assure we might ever obtain.
David Hodges might be contacted at [email protected].
Ten Questions is compiled by Information Editor Elisabeth Waldon.