MADISON, N.J., Sept. 20, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — What does “residence” imply to you? For many people, the reply to that query modified dramatically over the previous 12 months and a half as we moved ahead by way of our new COVID actuality. As a part of its 50th anniversary celebration as a worldwide actual property chief and innovator, the CENTURY 21® Model – named the #1 Quickest Rising Franchise in Entrepreneur journal’s March 2021 challenge – explores this idea in a singular collaboration with Nationwide Geographic CreativeWorks culminating within the manufacturing of its first-ever branded documentary. Titled “House Rediscovered,” the documentary premieres on the Nationwide Geographic Community on September 23, 2021, at 10 pm EST.
To help the movie, the CENTURY 21® Model commissioned a worldwide analysis research with magnetic collective, an insights-driven model consultancy, to discover how the previous 12 months remodeled the fashionable residence and what these adjustments would possibly imply for the way forward for homeownership and the actual property trade. The research was performed utilizing each quantitative evaluation and qualitative interviews with actual property brokers, builders, current consumers, and future consumers throughout 5 key world markets together with the USA, France, Australia, Spain and Japan. With extra places of work around the globe than every other actual property franchise, it was essential to Century 21 Actual Property to take a look at the info by way of a worldwide lens. The survey was based mostly on the responses of 1500 individuals (300 in every market), from the ages of 25 to 64 from April to Might 2021. The “Rediscovering House” documentary weaves in findings from the research in addition to examines a number of housing tendencies that emerged through the pandemic that are anticipated to form our imaginative and prescient of residence for the foreseeable future.
Key takeaways from the worldwide information included:
- There has not been one common pandemic expertise as nations have adopted their very own COVID timelines with various peaks and restrictions, creating a house shopping for course of that varies geographically.
- The US, Spain, and France had been all as soon as epicenters and went by way of a few of the longest lockdown and restriction intervals
- 58% of consumers in France say that COVID can have a long-lasting affect on what they need of their houses; 43% of consumers in Spain say COVID has been most influential on the subject of their want to purchase a brand new residence
- COVID’s affect on points of the house shopping for course of within the US is most evident for these with children and people working from residence
- Australia and Japan initially noticed extra of a slowdown as a substitute of a lockdown, however COVID’s newer emergence in Japan leaves 48% of future consumers saying it has been an element of their want to purchase a brand new residence
- 22% of these surveyed globally say they moved as a result of somebody from the household moved in resulting in a common want for flexibility and reimagining of areas
- in Australia, youngsters at the moment are extra more likely to keep at residence throughout faculty years, till they discover a job with a gentle revenue
- in Spain and Japan, youngsters are staying at residence till age 30 or marriage
- The pandemic compelled individuals to remain near residence, however even when seeking to transfer, they are not going far.
- Throughout all markets, most people surveyed reported transferring inside 20 miles or kilometers of their present residence; longer distance strikes (50+ miles or kilometers) are extra frequent within the US and France than in different markets
- 20% of US and France consumers moved 50+ miles or kilometers away, in comparison with Spain and Japan consumers lower than 15% moved that far
- Low stock and growing costs proceed to be the recent matters within the U.S. and throughout markets.
- Low residence stock within the high 5 challenges persons are going through in all markets surveyed; all markets skilled challenges discovering houses to suit their wants.
- Within the U.S., based on the Nationwide Affiliation of Realtors, the general public stock numbers from Might to June elevated 3.3% and the inner stock numbers are additionally equally trending up resulting in some early optimism that we’re seeing inexperienced shoots of elevated provide
- France has seen a ‘banlieu’ (suburbs) increase with suburb property costs hovering, a development solely extra accentuated because of the pandemic
- Whereas Australia has fared higher than different well-developed nations as a consequence of snap lockdowns, inner border controls and difficult social distancing measures, residential property values have been on a gentle enhance for the previous 12 months
- City flight is going on around the globe, however there are indications that it is probably not a long-lasting development.
- Future consumers in all nations surveyed usually tend to keep in city areas by a big margin (in comparison with current consumers)
- Within the US, 82% of future consumers will keep in city areas. In Japan, that quantity is 80%; 59% in France, 73% in Spain and 62% in Australia
“It is no secret that the final 18 months have been a wild journey for the actual property trade,” stated Michael Miedler, president and CEO, Century 21 Actual Property LLC. “What was as soon as a seasonal enterprise that had anticipated outcomes from month to month was utterly upended by make money working from home, education at residence, and postponed life occasions. We had been thrilled to work alongside magnetic collective and Nationwide Geographic CreativeWorks to take a deep dive into how these way of life adjustments had been going to affect the customers’ view of residence and subsequently the way forward for our trade. No matter what challenges and adjustments lie forward, we had been excited to see that consumers surveyed in all markets see the advantages of getting an energetic and engaged actual property skilled, like our C21® affiliated brokers, taking up a number of roles and being a accomplice all through the journey. All of those learnings will assist to make sure that we’re persevering with to ship probably the most extraordinary experiences potential for all of our shoppers across the globe.”
“House Rediscovered” is a 45-minute movie hosted by Nationwide Geographic Explorers Andrés Ruzo and Dr. Rae Wynn-Grant. They met with a various group of households and people who’ve uprooted their lives, purchased houses, moved, or just re-thought the way in which they wish to stay – now and sooner or later as they explored what the way forward for residence will appear like around the globe.
To study extra concerning the CENTURY 21 Model and Nationwide Geographic CreativeWorks collaboration in addition to view the unique trailer for the “House Rediscovered” documentary, please go to Nationalgeographic.com/future-of-home/.
Press belongings will be downloaded utilizing the next hyperlink: https://wdrv.it/8412e4ccc
About Century 21 Actual Property LLC
The roughly 155,000 unbiased gross sales professionals in roughly 14,250 places of work spanning 86 nations and territories within the CENTURY 21® System stay their mission daily: to defy mediocrity and ship extraordinary experiences. By constantly chasing excellence, giving 121% and all the time elevating, the CENTURY 21 Model helps its affiliated brokers and brokers to be the primary alternative for actual property customers and trade professionals worldwide. Century 21 Actual Property has quite a few web sites to assist reply particular shopper wants.
Century 21 Actual Property LLC is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a worldwide chief in actual property franchising and supplier of actual property brokerage, relocation and settlement companies.
©2021 Century 21 Actual Property LLC. All Rights Reserved. CENTURY 21®, the CENTURY 21 Emblem and C21® are registered service marks owned by Century 21 Actual Property LLC. Century 21 Actual Property LLC absolutely helps the rules of the Truthful Housing Act and the Equal Alternative Act. Every workplace is independently owned and operated.
CENTURY 21 Actual Property LLC
Erin Siegel, Senior Director, Public Relations & Government Communications
The Martin Company
Fenton Crowther, Cultural Influence Specialist
View unique content material to obtain multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/century-21-real-estate-releases-compelling-new-data-on-the-evolution-of-home-and-its-impact-on-life-in-the-future-301380337.html
SOURCE Century 21 Actual Property LLC